Mercy College will follow the CDC Community Levels for safety protocol. COVID-19 Community Levels are a tool to help communities decide what prevention steps to take based on the latest data. Levels can be low, medium, or high and are determined by looking at hospital beds being used, hospital admissions, and the total number of new COVID-19 cases in an area. Attendees are required to take precautions to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 based on the COVID-19 Community Level on the day of Commencement.
- When: Friday, April 29, 2022 at 6:00 PM CST
- Where: HyVee Hall C, Iowa Events Center, Des Moines, Iowa
- Where to park: Parking is available at the Iowa Event Center. Additional parking will be available on Mercy College's campus. Mercy College parking permits will be provided to graduates when they pick up their caps and gowns. The Des Moines Trolley will provide free rides from the southeast corner of the Crocker Lot.
- How to watch: The Commencement Ceremony will be livestreamed on the Mercy College of Health Sciences Facebook page.
Guests of graduates are encouraged to livestream the event when possible.
- How to attend: Individuals are encouraged to attend in-person or online!
- Our Nursing Pinning Ceremony will take place in HyVee Hall C at 4 PM. Please be respectful as you arrive and do not enter the Hall until after the conclusion of the Pinning Ceremony.
- Graduates attending the in-person ceremony are asked to arrive at HyVee Hall C by 5 PM in the area behind the black curtain on the west side of the room. Please arrive in your cap and gown (tassels go on the right!) and do not bring purses, phones, coats, or other personal items.
- Upon arrival at HyVee Hall C, graduates should arrange themselves by program, then alphabetically. Your name card will be given to you by the Registrar's Office as you line up.
- Student marshals will lead the student processional into the ceremony. Please remain standing until the mace is placed in the floor stand on the stage. At the conclusion of the ceremony, student marshals will escort graduates out by rows.
CAPS & GOWNS
Students who have filled out their graduation application can pick up their caps, gowns, and applicable honor cords from Missy Chapman, our Campus Recepionist, in the Sullivan Center lobby.
Honors cords will be distributed with your cap and gown, based on the following:
Bachelor of Science: Summa Cum Laude, GPA 3.8 or above
Bachelor of Science: Magna Cum Laude, GPA 3.650-3.799
Bachelor of Science: Cum Laude, GPA 3.500-3.649
Associate of Science: Highest honors, GPA 3.8 or above
Associate of Science: High Honors, GPA 3.650-3.799
Associate of Science: Honors, GPA 3.500-3.649
Certificate: Certificate Highest Honors, GPA 3.8 or above
Certificate: Certificate High Honors, GPA 3.650-3.799
Certificate: Certificate Honors, GPA 3.500-3.649
Commencement honors are determined based on the prior semester's cumulative grade point average.
A live video stream of the Commencement Ceremony will be available on the Mercy College of Health Sciences Facebook.
Students' diplomas will be mailed to the address they provide on their graduation application approximately four weeks after the successful completion of all academic requirements for graduation and any other college obligations, including financial aid exit counseling, account payment, etc.
Students who borrowed Stafford Loans are required to complete exit loan counseling prior to their diploma and transcripts being released. This must be completed at www.studentaid.gov.
Don’t forget to pay your $110 graduation fee to the Business Office if you have not already done so. The graduation fee is assigned to the final term of your degree or certificate.